AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Mobile Crane Operator.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mobile Crane Operator reports to the HME Supervisor and is accountable for operating any mobile crane in a safe and compliant manner executing work of lifting items during refurbishment, later maintenance, site-wide.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding cranage/ mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute crane operation – lifting, moving material as instructed.
- Follow all movement signals
- Operate equipment within the safe working limit respecting load movement signals and Rigger instructions and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Execute daily pre-start checks as instructed.
- Escalate and report any anomalies to the HME Supervisor
- Recognize any crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Plan lifting operations, selection and use of suitable crane(s) and work equipment
- Coordinate lifts in case of multiple or tandem lifting
- Documenting all lifting activities carried out
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary/Technical education level
- Mobile crane operator’s certificate and license.
- Ghanaian Valid driver’s license “C” & “E” issued by DVLA
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience of mobile crane operation in construction or mining industry
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fair operating ability of Tower Cranes will be an added advantage
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in basic maintenance and inspection on equipment
- Knowledge in crane safe operation