Posted on :
27 Mar, 2018
27 Mar, 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern. efficient and long-term profitable operation, The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized. designed to produce up to an average rnaxirnurn of 5,000 t/day of ore mined. We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join Its dedicated senior management team as
Job Title: SENIOR MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES.
Role Purpose and Context
To develop and implement effective organisational development and human resources management strategy and action plans which drive the organisation-wide planned change, accountability-based culture, design components, people management programmes and processes required to support the broader business unit strategy and taking cognisance of corporate HR strategic objectives and programs.This role plays a business strategic partner role to the Managing Director and rnanagernent teams, an employee sponsor or advocate and a change facilitator, end at the same time implementing fit for purpose management and people solutions and interventions which will develop the requisite human resource core competencies, behaviours and attitudes required for the achievement of the business objectives.
Summary Role Accountabilities
Organisational Development and Effectivenes
• Design and structure the organisation under the guidance of the Managing Director and in collaboration with the site senior management teams and line managers.
• Align the organisational structure to Support the business strategy, structure and business processes and behaviour into an effective accountability based organisational culture to deliver set business goals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive labour relations strategy that is aligned with the mine business and human resources strategies, and execution plan to support and drive sustainable business performance and Improves management- union relationship and collective bargaining negotiations.
• Design and structure the organisation under the guidance of the Managing Director and in collaboration with the site senior management teams and line mangers.
Training and Development
• Develop and manage an appropriate training and development system in conjunction with line management and discipline requirements, based on an effective training needs analysis and gap closing strategies,
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
• Develop, implement and maintain competitive, fair and sustainable remuneration and benefits system, within the limits defined within the group.
• Develop a Conditions of Employment for all Obuasi mine employees as per market, industry practice, and within the limits defined within the group,
Human Resources Administration, Planning and Reporting
• Within area of accountability instil managerial leadership practices that reflect the company values in action and maintain high morale among all employees and demonstrate a culture of achievement and integrity within team,
• Design and implement new processes and practices to maintain and optimise Human Resources information ensuring the quality and data integrity of Information in HR systems, including delivering reports of high-quality and relevant Human Resources information.
Safety & Environment
• Model behaviour that is consistent with the AGA Safety and Environment Vision and Values; Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging Issues Within area of accountability; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives;
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial Psychology / Social Sciences / Business Administration or equivalent.
• Mimimum of ten (10) years experiences of which five (5+) years should be at a senior management level with substantial knowledge and experience in organisational development & effectiveness and human resources disciplines within the mining or heavy manufacturing sectors and large-scale transformation.
• Human Resources Functional Knowledge
• Organisational Design and Development
• Change Managemont
• Performance Management
• Organisational Effectiveness
• Employee Development
• Team management
• Resource utilization
• Workforce planning
• Project Managemont
• Negotiation skills
• Management Development and Training
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
• Building Effective Working Relattonships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspective in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives,
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaian with the above qualification and experience should forward their applications,with detailed CV by email to the human resources manager: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 March, 2018