AngloGold Ashanti Malaria Control Limited (AGAMaL) is a social intervention program initiated by the Obuasi Mine in 2006 after AngloGold’s merger with Ashanti Goldfields. AGAMAL is a funded subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Ghana Limited with a primary focus of implementing an indoor residual spraying program targeted at malaria prone communities. The Company is looking to fill the position of
Job Title: PROGRAMME DIRECTOR.
To establish the strategy and business plan, diversify sources of funding for the sustainability of the program, recommend policy and process to the Board, oversee compliance, establish and lead the Management and the program team, implement policy and plans set by the Board of Directors and the shareholder as well as spearheading the setting and execution of annual goals and objectives, ensure effective financial management, create and maintain sound organisational culture, development of pragmatic programs and facilitating general operational and administrative management of the company.
Summary Of Duties And Responsibilities
- The AGAMal Program Director is appointed by the Shareholder (AGAG) and the AGAMal Board and is accountable to the Board and shareholder
- Accountable to implement AGAMAL’s strategy and business plan.
- Accountable for overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short and long term plans, policies and strategic direction for IRS scale up in Ghana and other activities of the Company
- Accountable for compliance to all government, regulatory and contractual responsibilities of the company.
- Create credible financial and other management processes for the company, including the development, implementation and supervision/monitoring of the program budgets.
- Providing information, advice, and counsel to the Chairman of the Board, Board Committees, and the Board of Directors in the creation of policies, programs, and strategic direction of the Company.
- Scheduling and support of all activities associated with the Board and Committee meetings, and ensuring the arrangements of logistics like locations, development of agenda and meeting materials.
- Administration of overall operation of the company, including: reviewing, monitoring and evaluating the IRS plan and results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled; allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency; developing organisational and administrative policies and program objectives for Board and shareholders consideration.
- The development, implementation, and monitoring of the annual work plan of the company as approved by the Board of Directors.
- The formulation and implementation of internal controls, and other operational policies and procedures of the company as approved by the Board of Directors.
- The development, implementation of Global Fund Malaria Risk Assessment program and reporting to Board and Shareholder.
- Implementation of Integrated Malaria Vector Management Policy approved by the Ministry of Health.
- Development, monitoring, and evaluating the progress of the Program towards its objective, including the activities implemented by Sub-Recipients, in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan approved by the Global Fund and other donors.
Required Skills or Experience
- Professional Qualification in Health Sciences and Project Management or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position
- Knowledge of the Ghana Health Sector and its allied institutions
- Knowledge of the Malaria control environment
- Public Health Specialist with extensive knowledge in Vector Control, Entomology or Bacteriology
- Extensive project cycle management with more than 5 years in key positions with an NGO preferably
- Experience in the control of vector borne disease;
- Experience in conducting and guiding research and training of staff;
- Experience in the development of community health projects;
- Proven Effective Managerial skills and leading teams across several locations and departments
- Leadership skills and a participatory coaching management style
- Ability to oversee complex issues and identify priorities;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Proposal writing and reporting skills
Physical Environment and Desires
- Typical Office environment, however it requires travel to program unit operations, which may account for 15% of working time.
- Program Unit visits may be to locations which are remote and provide rudimentary facilities
- Regular visits to MOH and Ghana Health Service locations in Accra.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must attach the following documents to their applications and submit to the email addresses provided below
Detailed curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts ( With Dates) as well as summary of jobs responsibilities: also provide Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (Work Related) in the CV
Cover Letter (stating the position applied for)
Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications
Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses [email protected], [email protected]