Posted on :
29 Mar, 2018
29 Mar, 2018
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Project Director and is responsible for recording, reporting and controlling across the various project stages. The role maintains accountability for providing effective project commercial and controls support which includes accountability from set up to close out for all project commercial and controls activities including project accounting and finance, contracts and procurement, scope control, cost and schedule control, estimating, document control, risks and opportunities management, change management, internal and external audit, systems management, recording, analysing and reporting as well as governance.
Job Title: Project Services Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Must have 15 – 20 years project experience.Minimum of five 5+ years as Project Services Manager (experience must include both commercial management and project controls management).
• Major project experience >US$350 Million, preferably within a mining or resources environment.
• Must have multi disciplined, large team management experience, preferably within an owner’s team environment and have managed and EPCM contractor and or subcontractors.
• Contracts and subcontract pre and post award management experience.
• Procurement of goods and services, from procure to pay
• Materials management, expediting and warehousing
• Accounting and finance, familiar GAAP
• WBS (scope control)
• Software systems management
• Cost management
• Schedule management
• Document control
• Risk management
• Change management
• Earned Value Management
• Progress reporting (weekly and monthly)
• Ability to present to executives and key stakeholders
• Audit, compliance and governance
• Project management practices
• Support the Project Director and Obuasi Management team in all project commercial and project controls.
• Develop and implement project controls and commercial plans, and manage the project interface functions between the EPCM and Owners team
• Lead the site project commercial and project controls team day to day.
• Provide accurate and timely Project commercial and controls information to support decision making.
• Assist and support the project team on best-practice project commercial and project controls management practices.
Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation
Develop and maintain a library with a suite of standard project commercial and project controls documentation to support and manage project commercial and controls requirements:
• Project Controls Management Plan
• Contracts Management Plan
• Procurement Management Plan
• WBS Management
• Risk Management Plan
• Information Management Plan
• Maintain responsibility for ensuring the suite of information systems are rolled out to the project during the project setup phase.
• Facilitate data capture so meaningful information can be reported in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure alignment between AGAG and the EPCM Contractors systems, so formal transference of information between parties can occur as seamlessly as possible.
• The systems include:
• Cost Track – cost management (potential future move to SAP during the project)
• Primavera – scheduling
• SharePoint – Document Control
• Develop and implement formal project contracts process, and ensure alignment with company policies, procedures and documentation.
• Pre award, ensure the tender proposal, evaluation and Recommendation For Award process and all contract documentation and positions align with project budget, schedule and quality expectations.
• Post award, ensure contract administration is undertaken in line with contractual obligations. Including changes, variations, claims, payments, correspondence, warranties, retentions and close out and to ensure all works align with budget, schedule and quality expectations.
• Oversee the procurement of both goods and services to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and standard documentation facilitates the procure to pay process and that goods and services align with project budget, schedule and quality expectations
Cost Control/Accounting and Finance
• Develop and implement formal cost management systems and processes to ensure all project costs are managed, controlled and reported in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develop and implement project Delegation of Authority (DoA)
• Monitor and report on KPI’s, progress, variances and corrective actions with respect budgets, commitments, accruals, actual expenditure, invoices paid, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Chair formal monthly cost meeting.
• Manage financial audit interface.
• Develop and implement formal systems and processes to manage, control and report on schedule activities.
• Develop and manage resource loaded and levelled project master baseline schedule, which includes sub contractors, suppliers, man hours, materials, plant and equipment using Critical Path Method.
• Compile and analyse s-curves, productivity factors, quantities, durations, milestones, critical and near critical path and look ahead activities.
• Monitor and report on KPI’s, progress, variances and corrective actions.
• Chair formal weekly schedule progress meeting.
• Develop and implement formal document control management system to ensure timely management and distribution of records and information.
Develop and implement formal risk management system to ensure timely identification of both risks and opportunities, so that they can be appropriately address as early as possible.
• Manage the Risk and Opportunities database/register, by identifying, recording, assessing, mitigating and reporting risks in a timely manner.
• Chair formal risk management meeting.
• Develop and implement formal change management system to ensure timely identification and management of changes
Reporting and Analysis
• Responsible for coordinating the project weekly, monthly, quarterly and adhoc reporting.
Audit, Governance and Compliance
• Manage internal and external financial audit process.
• Key interface for any project services related audit.
• Drive compliance to all required project commercial and controls processes on site.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should forward their applications, with detailed CV by email to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing Date: 06 April, 2018