AngloGold ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pit gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill in the vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Environmental Monitoring Officer – BTSF
Grade: Stratum I – Mid
Contract Type/Duration: Fixed Term Contract – 2yrs
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To ensure close monitoring of construction activities and compliance with regulatory permit conditions of the Beposo TSF in accordance with AGA policies and procedures.
- Monitor Regulatory permit conditions at the Beposo Tailing Storage Facility.
- Provide environmental advice to the Beposo TSF Project team.
- Carry out rehabilitation and grassing of tailings dam slopes and other disturbed areas.
- Carry out environmental awareness campaigns for the Project Team and contractors on site.
- Carry out daily inspection of Ablution facilities and the construction site.
- Implement fauna prevention techniques to limit access to supernatant water.
- Implement meadow creation for wildlife use.
- Monitor piezo holes around the TSFs.
- Investigate any environmental incident around the Beposo TSF.
- Carry out Wildlife Mortality Survey.
- Collect daily and monthly water samples in the seepage collection sumps for laboratory analysis.
- Ensure dust suppression on haul and access roads during the construction phase of the project.
- Implementation of operational controls
- Pre-arrange operational control permits before clearing vegetation.
- Carry out induction for new employees and contractors
- BSc Chemistry, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of working experience in a related field within the mining industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process, perform routine tasks, and check work for accuracy before completion of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people, including a high-performing professional team
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving a light vehicle