AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: SENIOR SURVEYOR
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as SENIOR SURVEYOR
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Senior Surveyor, (MTS) provides accurate and accessible data capture, validation, analysis and reporting on volumes of all mining works and stockpiles
- Must contribute to the development of Survey procedures and tools for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, in particular the modernization of the primary control network and the introduction of the secondary control network
- Must develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Survey priorities, milestones and events
- Must contribute to the development of the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Survey Outputs
- Must manage the delivery of work by the Survey function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Must demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development
- Must provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop direct reports to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget according to their role and level of authority
- Must rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Survey function
- Must develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the annual plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering
- A minimum of five years’ proven experience in mine surveying in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least two years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department.
- Experience in Survey functional Management;
- Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain
- Familiarity with Survey Software
- Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources. are available to achieve safety objectives.
- MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Understanding of good survey practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Abillity to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating Organisational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organisational objectives;
- Maximising Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analysing Issues, Driving for Results,
- Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE:19TH DECEMBER 2018.