AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Superintendent – Civil & Earthworks.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Superintendent – Civil & Earthworks.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Superintendent – Civil & Earthworks is accountable for the management, supervision and control of all concrete and earthworks in all areas of the Plant and surface Infrastructure areas. He/she is to work and report to the Senior Manager Civil & Earthworks. He is accountable for the implementation and supervision of construction, specifications, standards and safe workmanship to ensure the timely completion of Plant Civil and Earthworks.
- Safety Management for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- The review of standard safe work practices for the construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be achieved.
- Control of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- In conjunction with the Contractor perform JHA for each task.
- Inspections, and review site safety management implementation to comply with the Safety Management System.
- Timely investigation of incidents and accidents with reporting.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the construction works on all phases of the Civil and Earthworks in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to the contractor.
- Using AGA’s How We Work guidelines, support the Contractor in compliance with the guidelines.
- Ensure the contractor deliver the construction targets as per planning of project.
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Advice and guidance to the construction project team on best practice
- Proactively control the construction activities to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality.
- Establish KPI’s for construction activities and schedule weekly progress measurement
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated and recorded.
- Identify and communicate potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Evaluate the contractor’s progress claim and Invoice payment.
- Verify that the construction production daily targets off the concrete and earthworks meet the targets of the Plant Civil and Earthworks are within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones and targets.
- Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works relating to the construction of the Civil and Earthworks.
- Contribute to the Project risk register as required.
- Maintain the Construction Plan.
- Arrange input and support into establishing construction work packs.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process
- Implement and control the relevant plans such as Health, Safety, and Quality.
- Co-ordinate regular construction progress meetings in area of accountability.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Weekly, monthly reporting, produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the construction works.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims.
- Oversee all relevant inspections and testing procedures to ensure quality and or performance is in line with specifications, designs and requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Civil and/or Earthworks
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced Civil Engineer with 10+ years’ experience in, preferably, construction of civil and earthworks.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in HSE
- Experience in QA/QC Management
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCad, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.