AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Maintenance SAP Systems
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance SAP System Advisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance SAP System Advisor is responsible for coordinating and delivering of the new SAP PM Business Solution in AGAG within the agreed budget costs and timeframes. The role holder will be directly managing the Obuasi planners through the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning stages, to ensure that the SAP PM activities for all the equipment at AGAG, are managed within the SAP platform, against world-class standards. The SAP System Advisor would also ensure that the SAP PM electronic platform always aligns to the site maintenance strategy and vice versa.
- Execution of the SAP PM activities in accordance with the Project Safety Management Plan and consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements under applicable law.
- Ensure that all AGAG legal requirements are maintained within SAP PM.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure all Environmental Management requirements are maintained within SAP PM.
- Develop and train the local maintenance planning team by coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping team members in engineering to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Support the Planning Manager to identify abnormalities in SAP PM and select capable people to manage the abnormalities and delivering the SAP PM scope on time.
- Develop the SAP PM methodology to deliver accurate and reliable maintenance data in SAP.
- Identify potential SAP PM planning team candidates, which would be part of future operations.
- Execute SAP PM activities in compliance with the site Industrial Relations strategy for the project, so that the refurbishment/construction activities are executed in harmony and without disruption.
- Support Planning Manager to develop the Processing plant, underground and support services refurbishment plan.
- Provide leadership on SAP PM Domain and mentor, upskill and train the planning team.
- Implement SAP PM best practices across multiple disciplines.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the SAP PM module and related work systems.
- Integration of the SAP PM and Inventory module.
- Ensures the integrity of all SAP PM data in master records.
- Reviews master data uploads and preventive maintenance plans for conformance to standardization guidelines established by AGA.
- Identify and implement improvements in SAP PM Implement site-wide maintenance reliability plan in SAP PM.
- Responsible for Plant Maintenance configuration, measurement points, equipment master, user statues, complex equipment hierarchies, classification, work orders, plans, BOMs and parts.
- Develops and populates “upload sheets” for new/existing equipment.
- Responsible for integration methodologies from external systems to and from SAP like LASS, SCADA and as advice from time to time by AGA or AGAG.
- Execute the SAP PM activities within the approved budget.
- Provide timorous notifications on any risks associated with cost or the capture thereof.
- Execute the SAP PM activities within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Contributing to the Project risk assessment plan including current and potential risks to the SAP PM activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, also identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
- Contributing to the monthly updates of Project risk assessment plan and reporting.
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly and weekly SAP PM progress and system set up reports.
- Provision of timely information with respect to progress against the plan (timeliness, cost, and quality considerations), detailing variances with reasons for variances, activities planned to recover and actions required to prevent recurrence of notified variances.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant tertiary degree or equivalent.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- Minimum of 7 years SAP PM module experience required.
- A highly SAP PM experienced individual, with 7+ years’ experience in UG Mining and related infrastructure, Processing plant construction and maintenance.
- Strong SAP PM project implementation experience. Competencies (Function Locations, Equipment, plans, scheduling, items, BOM’s, PRT’s, Orders, Work centers, upload files, items, and operations)
- Sound SAP PM project management skills.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the SAP PM project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the SAP PM project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers perform.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 12TH NOVEMBER, 2018.