AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine, through a stability agreement with the Government of Ghana established a Community Trust Fund in 2012.
The functions of the Trust Fund are to make investments in a way that contributes meaningfully to community development, aligns with the priorities of communities and local and national government, and promotes a positive relationship between AGA and the communities near its mines.
The Fund makes investments in two areas: a) Community Development; and b) Economic Development. Investment decisions are made by a representative seven-member Board of Directors, with advisory input provided by a 32-member Steering Committee, A professional Secretariat with a three-member staff strength manages the day-to-day programmes of the fund and administers investments and other related activities. The Programme Manager leads and supervises the Secretariat and reports directly to the Board of Directors and the Sustainability Division of AGA.
Job Title: Program Manager
The Programme Manager will manage the staff of the secretariat and will be accountable for the execution of the main duties of the secretariat, which include:
- Leading the process of identification, designing, implementation and monitoring of development programmes and initiatives;
- Managing the Trust Fund office and supervising the staff of the Trust Fund;
- Supporting the Board of Directors and the Steering Committee;
- Managing the maintenance of the accounts, accurate financial records and other records for external audit;
- Overseeing the processing of investment proposals and managing the financial details of distributing investment funds;
- Administering and executing contracts for work performed on behalf of the Trust Fund
- Leading the monitoring and assessment of funded projects;
- Writing annual report and other external documents of the Trust Fund’s programme;
- Liaise with community members and respond to questions about the Trust Fund;
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing;
- Undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of projects under the guidance and supervision of the Board of Directors.
- Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and qualification is on offer
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree with exposure in Sustainable Development and any other analytical course related to Social and Economic Growth;
- At least seven years working experience in a similar role or 4 years in the extractive and or development-related industry;
- Management experience of a small and efficient team or organization;
- Working in sustainable development in Ghana, ideally in rural and peri-urban settings;
- Experience in a CSO/NGO environment would be an added advantage;
- Preferably someone from the mines catchment area,
- A development management practitioner with several years of experience in the management of community development projects;
- A good understanding of the international development and fund management space;
- Ability to effectively apply techniques of participatory methodology in project decision making;
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High level project management skills;
- Ability to work closely with a small team and people of diverse backgrounds;
- A good understanding of Akan culture and tradition is critical to effectively exercise this role;
- Ability to Grow and Sustain Business Enterprises;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Twi is also critical.
How to Apply
Please submit an application in person to the Community Relations Office, Bruno Gate, Obuasi Anyinam or submit through these email addresses: ([email protected]) and ([email protected]) in the form of:
Cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in the position
Resume (CV) detailing relevant experience, skills and education
Contact information for three professional reference