AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Ventilation Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Ventilation Engineer:
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Plan, manage and ensure an occupational environment that is conducive to good health and productivity. The Ventilation Engineer will be responsible for Ventilation planning & survey, statutory monitoring and reporting, supervising ventilation constructions/fans, etc.
- Provide safe and conducive work environment by ensuring adequate ventilation in all working areas.
- Be responsible for the secondary ventilation auditing, reporting and updating in Ventsim model
- Work with the Mine Captains and Supervisors to get ventilation works carried out in a timely manner and to the specified standard of quality
- Inspect ventilation infrastructure in active and active and inactive (Care and Maintenance) areas of the mine and update on mine plans using Surpac software.
- Conduct pressure surveys on vertical infrastructure to calibrate ventilation model
- Plan and be accountable for the outputs from monthly ventilation surveys
- Prepare and update ventilation flows on mine rescue plans as per Ghana mining regulations
- Be responsible for inputting data into ventilation database including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Be responsible to set underground regulators and update regulator register
- Ensure compliance in areas of Mine ventilation and Occupational Health as per Ghana Mining Regulations.
- Inspection of future secondary fan sites for preparation work
- Primary fan inspection and primary fan collar survey
- Support ventilation network planning and survey at the Care and Maintenance areas of the mine
- Ensure secondary ventilation surveys are completed weekly and collated into monthly report
- Ensure secondary ventilation survey results are updated in ventilation database
- Update emergency plans and procedures monthly
- Ensure regulator register is updated and communicated to stakeholders weekly
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
A Bachelor Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in a relevant (mining) engineering discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in underground ventilation engineering.
- Knowledge in ventilation planning and collecting ventilation data (primary and secondary survey).
- Blasting Certificate
- Mine Rescue Certificate
- Knowledge in Ventsim Software/VUMA Software
- Knowledge in Mine planning software preferably Studio5D Planner/Surpac
- Knowledge in AutoCAD
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted
Applicants seeking employment with AngloGold Ashanti are forbidden from making any form of payment in the recruitment process. Applicants involved in any such allegation will be investigated and when established will automatically be disqualified.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH MAY, 2019.