AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Document Control Officer – Permits & Fleets.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Document Control Officer – Permits & Fleet is accountable for the monitoring and control of documentation and permits, that covers Fleet Documentation, Inspections, Permits and Driver management to standard to operate company vehicles through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Superintendent HME/LV & Trucks for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all vehicle and driver documentation to verify compliance with all regulations
- Maintain document records for all drivers, vehicles to maintain legal compliance and insurance integrity
- Conduct reviews of the document control mechanisms and processes to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Organise information for the Traffic Officer and Superintendent HME/LV & Trucks to develop condition monitoring equipment checks;
- Ensure all pre-start checks are being carried out and checksheets completed and entered into document review, that all anomalies and issues are being correctly escalated for repair and maintenance
- Ensure all vehicles are programmed to be and are maintained in accordance with OEM requirements to maintain asset value
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate document work to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Superintendent on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop vehicles or drivers from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of secondary education
- Completed apprenticeship with certificate from recognized authority (example, City and Guilds), or equivalent
- An experienced document control officer, with experience of mine vehicle permits, operator permits and compliance
- 3+year experience
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Document control competencies in mining environment
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in vehicle and driver licencing and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervising practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 28TH FEBRUARY, 2019.