AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Land Access and Compensation Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Land Access and Compensation Officer’s role is to consult with landowners and other community stakeholders to engage, negotiate and conduct assessment of land related issues. The role is to undertake compensation & access agreements for the company to execute scheduled activities and monitor all land encroachment and related activities to help protect the mines tenement. The role holder will report directly to the Land Access and compensation Superintendent.
- Conduct field and clerical valuation and compensation duties. Support land use department to receive unfettered access to land for operational needs.
- Compile and create a database of all compensation related information for reference.
- Assist in land and asset valuation and compensation for exploration and access requirements to local farmers.
- Provide information to stakeholders and the company regarding compensation for activities of mining and other projects.
- Assist in fostering positive relationships including promoting and facilitating effective communication and consultation between AGA and rural farmers.
- Liaise with regulators in the land access and compensation space for effective collaboration in valuation and land access programs and projects.
- Use technology to monitor and protect lease from encroachment and illegal mining activities.
- Liaise with the Municipal physical planning team for field monitoring and encroachment activities.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/BA/Diploma in Land Economy, or Estate Management.
- Proficiency in the use of land management applications.
- 2 to 4 years working experience in a similar role within the extractive industry.
- Appreciation of cultures and approaches to participatory methodology and stakeholder engagement.
- Thorough working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing land access and compensation.
- Training in Techniques of participatory methodology.
- Ability to use and appreciate land valuation techniques and processes.
- Appreciation of the use of land use gadgets and implements.
- Ability to provide peer to peer leadership and handle confidential community issues.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER 2018.