AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Project Planner.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Primary purpose of the position is to take an active role in the project planning function, specifically by assisting the Senior Planner with monitoring contractor schedules, and verifying and reporting on schedule progress.
This role is responsible for implementing the comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities and the integration of Contractor, and third-party schedules into the overall ORP Project master schedule under the direction of the Senior Planner.
Ensure the integrity of the data being processed supports accurate, timely reporting, by providing a consistent and high-quality approach to all project planning and scheduling activities to support the day to day management and delivery of the project in line with schedule expectations.
- Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment.
- Commitment to project safety, by taking responsibility for personal safety and ensuring safe working practices for the planning Team.
- Understand and Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Ensure safety is the prime consideration in the planning process
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- To assist the Senior Planner in the implementation and maintenance of the baseline project master schedule and performance baseline to AGA Planning and Scheduling standards.
- Responsible for using the Primavera P6 and MS Project planning systems according to defined procedures and best practice methodology.
- Ensure schedule activity codes and WBS allocations are adhered to.
- Support the Senior Planner by providing accurate and timely planning information, such as progress and productivity updates, along with critical path, near critical path, and other extracts from the schedule/s.
- Attend weekly and monthly progress meetings and reviews with contractors. Maintain accurate meeting records, agreed actions, and ensure follow up actions are completed.
- Actively participate in schedule review meetings, maintain meeting records and agreed actions from minutes, and any follow activities to ensure actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide progress updates to the Senior Planner, and highlight any issues or concerns that may impact on compliance, cause delays or potential increase in cost.
- Monitor progress of engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning works. Advise progress and status to the Senior Planner in a timely manner, particularly schedule variances.
- Identify and address potential schedule risks early, by communicating risks to the Senior Planner in a timely manner.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve the schedule.
- Participate in internal and external schedule audits as required.
- In conjunction with the Senior Planner assist with the development of the overall commissioning schedule.
- Help coordinate engineering and construction labour and resources (plant and equipment) to support the commissioning process.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Recognized tertiary or trade qualification
- Engineering and Construction planning experience.
- 2 years major projects planning experience.
- Demonstrated intermediate – proficient Primavera P6 skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate – proficient MS Project skills.
- Experience in large complex resources projects within Africa, specifically West Africa.
- Exposure to mining projects with both surface and underground components.
- 5 years’ experience on a major project.
- Knowledge of planning tools and systems.
- Knowledge of related project controls functions including progress measurement and change management.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Proficient P6 user
- Proficient MS Project user
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.