AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: CIC Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The CIC Engineer is accountable for the monitoring and control of CIC aspects of output of Processing Plant, surface and UG infrastructure and that it is to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Engineering Technical Specialist for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all Processing Plant, surface and UG Infrastructure new build, later maintenance, work
- Conduct reviews of the new build, later maintenance, of the Processing Plant, surface and UG Infrastructure to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Engineering Technical Specialist to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute refurbishment / new build, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Ensure routine instrumentation calibration tasks are performed on all CIC equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Ensure, where required, that routine calibration of measurement and instrumentation items is carried out in line with legal and regulatory requirements in the prescribed manner (and involving the correct external inspector, when required) according to the established schedules and also as legal and plant requirements dictate..
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in refurbishment/maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of CIC equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the reliability engineer on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation or Communications Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced CIC maintenance engineer with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Fixed plants and metallurgical plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong CIC maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Familiarity with the detailed requirements of LI2182 about instrumentation and measurement
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 28TH MARCH, 2019.