Posted on :
5 Jul, 2018
5 Jul, 2018
The primary purpose of the position is to take the lead role in respect to project planning function, specifically compiling and leading the Obuasi Redevelopment Project (ORP) Master Schedule process.
This role is responsible for overseeing and implementing a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities and the integration of Contractor, and third-party schedules into the overall ORP Project master schedule.
Take ownership of and ensure the integrity of the data being processed supports accurate timely reporting, by providing a consistent and high-quality approach to all project planning and scheduling activities to support the day to day management and delivery of the project in line with schedule expectations.
Job Title: Senior Planner
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
Recognised tertiary or trade qualification
Health, Safety and Environment
· Lead by example always to create a safe working environment.
· Commitment to project safety, by taking responsibility for personal safety and ensuring safe working practices for the planning Team.
· Understand and Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
· Ensure safety is the prime consideration in the planning proces
Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
· Responsible for the setup, implementation, maintenance and management of the baseline project master schedule and performance baseline to AGA Planning and Scheduling standards.
· Responsible for managing and maintaining the Primavera planning system.
· Ensure schedule alignment to WBS, contracting and procurement strategy.
· Support the Project Management team, by providing accurate and timely planning information, such as progress and productivity updates, critical path, near critical path, variance analysis and corrective actions to support decision making processes.
· Conduct schedule analysis utilising resource loading and levelling, S curves and histograms to ensure schedules are attainable and realistic.
· Attend weekly and monthly progress meetings and reviews with both client and contractors. Maintain accurate meeting records, agreed actions, and ensure follow up actions are completed.
· Recruit and supervise supporting roles in the project planning area.
· Oversee planning and scheduling resources to ensure adequate information and support is provided to the senior management team to make informed and timely decisions.
· Provide appropriate training and guidance where necessary to ensure data quality and integrity is maintained and converted into information to support timely decision making.
· Mentor and develop planning personnel, to raise planning competency, knowledge and promote best practice planning techniques.
· Support a planning culture where continuous improvement in performance is valued.
· Implement schedule controls including float management, earned value and critical path analysis, with a well-defined, objective progress measurement regime.
· Responsible for developing and implementing an operational readiness schedule for the Engineering and Processing team.
Meetings, Reviews and Communication
Progress and Performance Reporting
Audit, Governance and Compliance
As per the signing authority level (Obuasi Delegation of Authority Policy – DoA).
The role holder has the authority to represent the Obuasi Management as per the Project Director’s delegation.
AngloGold Ashanti Values
It is the accountability of all employees to work according to the company’s values.
To treat safety as our first value, to treat each other with dignity and respect, to value diversity, to be accountable for my actions and undertake to deliver on my commitments, to want the communities and societies in which we operate to be better off for AngloGold Ashanti having been there, and to respect the environment.