AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Stakeholder Engagement Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to assist the Stakeholder Engagement Superintendent to initiate and coordinate the development of strategic relationships and partnerships with the community, local government, community service organisations and other relevant stakeholders to improve the relationship between the Mine, host communities and other strategic stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of stakeholder engagement log and its implementation.
- Support the Stakeholder Engagement Superintendent to implement Conflict Resolution and grievance Management system.
- Receive and investigate complaints and grievances and support the resolution of such grievances.
- Officiate all community level stakeholder engagement meetings and ensure that accurate records of all meetings are kept.
- Support in the sustenance of effective relationships, partnerships and collaborative working styles with key stakeholders and the community.
- Establish and maintain stakeholder databases and provide inputs into Obuasi mine’s mapping and needs assessment.
- Prepare and disseminate minutes and as well follow up on actions arising from meetings with relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ability to organise local community level events and promote continuous improvement through participatory learning and action.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/BA in Social Sciences or Development studies.
- Certificate in project and event management.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience within Ghana, understanding cultures and approaches to participatory methodology.
- Working knowledge of participatory rural appraisal and learning action principles.
- Training in Techniques of participatory methodology.
- Training in Rural pedagogy.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- A strong command of spoken and written English.
- IT competence in packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to provide peer to peer leadership and handle confidential community issues.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations
- Team player with excellent communication Skills.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER 2018.