AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Surveyor
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as SURVEYOR
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Surveyor, provides the controls and guidance for the progress of day-to-day mine planning design and layout to inform delivery of the quarterly plan.
- Contribute to the development of Survey procedures and tools for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready
- Develop and communicate a rolling (3-2-1) monthly plan for the budgeted quarter identifying Survey priorities, milestones and events
- Deliver planned monthly outputs for the delivery of quarterly targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and contribute to improving the Culture within the team for Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development
- Manage own development activities to capably deliver accountabilities and outputs and as development needs and plans are established
- Contribute to a culture of Accountability and continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the annual plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering
- Two (2) years’ proven experience in mine surveying in either an underground or open pit mining environment
- Experience in Survey Functional Management;
- Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role
- Familiarity with Survey Software
- Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Understanding of good survey practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Ability to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 29TH DECEMBER 2018.