AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: TECHNICAL WRITER – TECHNICAL SERVICES.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Technical Writer is accountable to produce documentation allowing monitoring and control of construction and output of Processing Plant, surface and UG infrastructure new build/refurbishment and that it is to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Gather information for the Engineering Technical Specialist for reporting performance
- Gather approval for commencing document production from Engineering Technical Specialist
- Obtain approval prior to distribution of produced documentation from Engineering Technical Specialist
- Produce documentation to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures, in accordance with AGA and AGAG guidelines/instructions.
- Produce standard documents as tenders, scopes and contracts for new build and refurbishment work packages.
- Produce documentation allowing monitoring and control of construction and output of Processing Plant, surface and UG infrastructure new build/refurbishment produce standard documents as tenders, scopes and contracts for future regular maintenance work packages.
- Actively participate in refurbishment/maintenance review programmers and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of equipment as per requirements to permit continuous improvement of documents produced.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Risk Management
- Incorporate monitored equipment performance on asset health system to permit the inclusion of proactive measures in documentation to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Engineering Technical Specialist on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent.
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Engineer with 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Writer, preferably in mining or metallurgical plant
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong Technical Writing experience in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Ability to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.