Job Title: Head, Corporate Banking
- Development and execution of the Bank’s Corporate Banking strategy in the country
- Responsible for developing, growing, and managing customer relationships and for increasing the Bank’s revenue through the marketing of the bank’s products and services to identified Corporate Customers. Additionally, to develop and maintain positive customer relationships, oversee the marketing of the Bank’s products and services and ensure maximum profitability.
- Driving Trade business opportunities in the African countries where the Client has established a presence by networking with multinationals, and large corporate and institutional clients to ensure that they benefit from the full range of the Bank’s Trade Services and Products.
- Drive client acquisition and management of existing Corporate client relationships consistent with the Bank’s strategy in order to achieve the desired quality of business growth
- Spearheaded budget preparation for the unit, annual marketing plans, and strategies to achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Primary responsibility for the management of own portfolio of customers ensuring that they receive the appropriate level of service and advice to meet their specific needs
- Enhance client retention by providing a one-stop point of contact for all the client’s needs and requirements while providing world-class customer service
- Establish and develop various sales strategies to meet ever-changing customer needs in liaison with the New Product Development Team
- Maintain, acquire and reactivate customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Conduct market research and competitor analyses within the marketing area and develop strategies that will give the bank a large part of the market within its vicinity
- Monitor and control business office income and expenditure to ensure profitability.
- Recommend the creation of viable and profitable risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Identify and develop conglomerates banking relationships
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customers’ tenured investment/facilities.
- Design product offerings tailored to meet the needs of the Corporate sector in the country while maintaining regular contact with their executives to push the Bank’s business.
- Coordinate Marketing of Regional Trade opportunities covering import and export financing and services, across the group
- Identify Regional Trade Finance opportunities and trends common across geographies and develop generic solutions to exploit for the benefit of clients and the Banks
- Build and maintain regional trade sales pipeline
- Own, manage and update generic trade product programs for regional trade products
- Keep abreast of local and international developments in the area of trade including competitive offerings in the market
- Establishment of service measurement systems/metrics
- Managing, coaching, and developing a high-performance team to meet set deliverables
- Sourcing for and monitoring customers’ tenured investment/facilities.
- Prepare weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
- Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO or his / her designate.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100 % attainment of annual targets (Deposits, Risk Assets, fees & commission, client conversions)
- Amount of Contingent Liabilities Commissions & Fees
- Cost of funds
- Non-funded Income (NFI) and Funded Income (FI) ratio
- The volume of FX transactions
- 100 % of zero-income leakages
- Cost income ratio
- Revenue growth
- Market share growth
- The volume of business – deposits and loans/facilities
- Adherence to policies
- Market share- low cost amongst others
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (with an MBA, MSC or its equivalent) and/or Professional Qualification in Banking related disciplines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional qualification in Customer Relationship Management and Sales & Marketing
- Minimum experience –10 years cognate experience in management with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity
Key Competency List
- Expert knowledge of trade and supply chain
- Broad knowledge of the global macroeconomy and its dynamics
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Deep understanding of the value chain of the key industries
- Deep industry knowledge
- Knowledge of credit risk analysis
- Project management
- Product development
- Strategic savvy
- Communication (written)
- Self and team management
- Presentation skills
- Analytical thinking
- Managing people – cross-functional
- Decision management
- Developing others
- Visionary mind
- Leadership capability