Cummins is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel and alternative fuel engines from 2.8 to 95 liters, diesel and alternative-fueled electrical generator sets from 2.5 to 3,500 kW, as well as related components and technology. Cummins serves its customers through its network of 600 company-owned and independent distributor facilities and more than 7,400 dealer locations in over 190 countries and territories.
Job Title: Graduate – Service Engineer Mechanical
Technical Engineering role to support the Distributor and where applicable their dealer network to affect the repair of Cummins engines and related products to the highest standards and as specified by Cummins. It is also to ensure that all procedures are executed in a safe, effective, efficient and profitable manner.
- To maintain professional workmanship standards at all times
- To strive to zero defects in the engine assembly process
- To strictly adhere to the applicable Quality Assurance policy, processes and procedures
- To strive to rebuild all engine models within the prescribed Cummins Standard Repair Time (SRT).
- Provide high-quality technical support and assistance for all engine product lines (midrange through high horsepower) and all market segments (automotive, industrial, marine and power generation.
- Carry out Engine changeout, D-Service, C-Service, major breakdown inspections and electronic diagnosis.
- To actively support and participate in safety & work practice related initiatives.
- Liaise with internal departments, suppliers, and individuals to achieve Customer Service requirements.
- Undertake technical investigations of early warning problems and correction activities.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) to be used in accordance with the applicable Policy and prescriptions.
- To undergo safety training in accordance with the requirements of the position
- To subscribe to and participate in collective and individual performance management initiatives.
- Working areas to be kept clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Tooling to be managed and maintained in accordance with the applicable policies or procedures.
- To undergo technical, product and general training in accordance with the requirements of the position.
- Willingness to travel, work overtime and after-hours availability for call outs when necessary.
- To keep up to date with service topics as far as it relates to the position.
To strictly adhere to the applicable Quality Assurance policy, processes and procedures
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
BSc. or HND in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
Primary Location Ghana-Greater Accra-Accra-Ghana, Accra, Cummins