Posted on :
23 Apr, 2019
23 Apr, 2019
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. This is a position with a competitive work roster and attractive remuneration package.
Position: SENIOR STRUCTURAL GEOLOGIST
• Communicate any unsafe practices and adhere to Asanko safety policies.
• Provide strong contribution to site safety culture and programs by completing field level risks assessment and appropriate job hazards analysis as part of the daily work process;
• Inspect active bench faces to identify structural features controlling mineralization;
• Ensure structural mapping alignment with mining production requirements to achieve short term mining targets;
• Pit mapping of geology, structure and mineralization;
• Generation of 3D geology, structure, and mineralization models from data collected on the field using Micromine and Leapfrog;
• Provide structural information promptly and supervise ore polygons to ensure they align with structures;
• Liaise with other mining personnel to achieve grade and production target;
• Write comprehensive shift /monthly reports and other geological related activity reports;
• Advise mining operation, Grade Control and Geotech staff on structural geological issues;
• Attend and make active contribution at Geology and production meetings;
• Train and mentor junior geologists;
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of B.Sc. in Geology or Earth Sciences from a recognized tertiary institution.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role including 3 of which must be in structural mapping.
• Good Computer Skills in related packages;
• A sound understanding of geological mapping principles;
• A strong understanding of structural geology;
• Strong knowledge of Micromine and Leapfrog is essential. Working knowledge of Datamine, ArcGIS, Mapinfo and AutoCAD is an added advantage.
• Ability to collect field data and integrate to a three dimensional interpretation of complex mineralized systems;
• Leadership experience and a strong desire to coach and develop others;
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
• Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
• Able to work independently, organize work, under pressure and in a timely manner.