Posted on :
16 Aug, 2019
16 Aug, 2019
The overall objective of the Programme is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and increasing accountability and environmental governance, as well as compliance with the rule of law, particularly when it comes to accountability, anti-corruption, and environmental governance.
Job Title: Programme Support Officers x2
2. Specific Objectives
The objective of this assignment is to support the Coordination Unit (CU), in the implementation of the 2019-2020 ARAP work plan by collaborating with the Programme Officer to support Stakeholders in the development and implementation of activities as well as monitor/track the implementation and rate of execution (financial) of the ARAP work plan. The Programme Support Officers will be reporting to the Programme Officer.
3. Description of the position
The Programme Support Officers will work directly with the ARAP Program Officer keeping her updated on all major developments in the management of stakeholders, activities, work plan execution and STE. The Programme Support Officers will be the front-line liaisons with the program stakeholders, maintaining daily contact in the development, planning, and execution of planned activities.
The Programme Support Officers will maintain a daily working relationship with the Programme Officer as well as support Key Experts (KEs) on specific follow-ups with STEs.
The Programme Support Officers will report to the CU in Accra, under supervision of ARAP Programme Officer, and in coordination with GIZ Accra Headquarters.
a. Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Maintain daily/regular follow up and management of institutional work plans to ensure activity implementation within the stipulated period
· Maintain regular contact with institutional focal points and relay critical issues to the Programme Officer
· Liaise with institutional focal points to plan and implement activities
· Update work plan activities based on expenditure – this will be done in close collaboration with the Finance Officer to update and track budget
· Attend ARAP events and provide a summary of key issues from events to be shared with the Programme Officer
· Follow up ongoing activities and draw the attention of the Programme Officer and Key Experts on significant developments and follow-ups needed
· Follow up and/or develop concept notes for activity implementation
· Follow up and/or develop activity reports for concluded activities.
· Ensure all concluded activity documents and materials are adequately filled and stored in respective technical activity folders in Dropbox
· Follow up and daily management of experts assigned to respective stakeholder institutions – this includes follow up to request work plans, concept notes, activity and mission reports as well as ensure missions are carried out based on prior agreements. This should be done in close coordination with Programme Officer
· Provide relevant information to the Programme Officer to support Programme reporting (Interim Reports, Annual Reports)
· Support Administrative Assistant to facilitate logistics of activities including the provision of relevant activity details. This includes details on participants lists, registrations details and other relevant information necessary to finalize logistical arrangements
· Support in other tasks when required by the CU Team Leader or the Programme Officer.
· Develop Monthly Reports of activities and tasks undertaken
b. Education and experience requirements:
Interviews and Test will be taken in Accra by the Coordination Unit.
Monthly Reports on activities undertaken
September 2019 to January 2021.
5. Fees and Logistics
In the case of internal travel outside Accra, fees, per diems and/or transportation will be provided.