Posted on :
9 Apr, 2021
9 Apr, 2021
Job Title: Database Administrator
• The role Database Administrator will be responsible for installing and providing support to the oracle databases and ensure their performance, availability and security.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Install and configure oracle database on production, backup and test servers. 2. Ensure high availability of the database and its communication with the T24 banking software for user connections.
• Work with OS & Network Management team to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases.
• Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to help make decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Support team and third partiesas appropriate through their helpdesk.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the database by installing patches/upgrades.
• Support and maintain all the databases to ensure optimum performance.
• Responsible for performing restoration of backups. 10. Responsible for the recoverability of databases in case of emergency.
• Investigate and resolve critical helpdesk issues.
• Assist in carrying out home-keeping activities such as Close of Business.
• Support RCBs on Saturday Banking operations
• Perform any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
• Oracle Certified Associate(OCA)
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
• Eight (8) years’ experience in working as Database Administrator in a recognized institution
• Knowledge in other RDBMS like Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres and MySQL
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with Linux/Unixs and Window operating systems
• Experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools Experience in Setup, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle RAC
• Fluency in SQL and PLSQL
• Knowledge in data backup, recovery, security and integrity
• Excellent problem-solving, communication skills and strong analytical mind
• Must have a keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
• Knowledge in T24 Core Banking Software will be an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees, including their contact telephone nos./e-mail addresses, should be forwarded to:
Finance & Administration Dept.
ARB Apex Bank Limited
P. O. BOX GP 20321