Posted on :
21 Mar, 2014
21 Mar, 2014
The ARB Apex Bank Ltd. has been established by the ARB Apex Bank Ltd. Regulations, 2006 (L.I. 1825) to provide support services to the Rural and Community Banks (RCBs).
• To analyze and make decisions on risk management issues by identifying, measuring, monitoring and managing operational and enterprise risks for the Bank.
• To investigate and analyse potential and actual professional/general liability and exposures to the Bank.
• To evaluate the extent and elements of exposures; and recommend appropriate actions for risk mitigation.
• Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the Bank.
• Establish and quantify the Bank’s risk appetite.
• Ensure effective and efficient management of the Operational Risk environment.
• Ensure effective and efficient co-ordination of the implementation of BASEL II requirements.
• Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the financial resources, assets, earning capacity or success of the Bank.
• Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases or industry segments.
• Report risk events/incidents in an appropriate manner to the Board on the most significant risks as well as the staff to understand their accountability for individual risks consistent with best practices.
• Develop and implement risk-assessment models and methodologies.
• Provide support, education and training from time to time on emerging risk management processes to build and consolidate risk awareness in the Bank.
• Provide on-call assistance for emergency/urgent risk management issues.
• Gather risk-related data from internal or external sources.
• Develop and update a complete system for recording, monitoring and communicating the Bank’s risk management programme. .
• Produce reports and make presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions and recommend actions/measures to mitigate the incidence of any inherent risks.
• Ensure the overall implementation of the Bank’s risk management policies and procedures.
• Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
• Should be meticulous and methodical.
• Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Should have an analytical, critical and enquiring mind.
• Should possess good interpersonal skills.
• Should be computer literate.
• Should have numeracy skills and knowledge of any risk management software.
• Should be willing to carry out other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in either mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or any relevant discipline plus a postgraduate qualification with ten (10) years experience in a financial institution,and at least five (5) years experienced risk manage mental senior management level.
• Any relevant professional qualification plus ten (10) years experience in a financial institution with at least five (5) years experience in risk management at senior management level. In both cases, a wide experience in banking, especially in credit and treasury management is a requirement, and membership of a risk management association will be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees and contact telephone/e-mail addresses should be forwarded to:-
HUMAN CAPITAL & ADMINISTRATION
ARB APEX BANK LIMITED
P. O. BOX GP 20321
Closing Date: 21 March, 2014