Posted on :
14 Aug, 2018
14 Aug, 2018
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which has built the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a midtier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a Fixed term position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to
demonstrate his/her abilities.
Position: Electrical Supervisor
• Ensure compliance with the highest safety standards, complying with OSHAS 18001 and environmental
management (ISO 14001) as well as company policies and regulations;
• Lead a team of Electricians in the execution of all electrical installation works and associated
infrastructure on the mine;
• Develop schemes for the installation, use and examination of electrical apparatus and electrical
distribution systems in accordance with minerals commission health and safety regulations
• Assign tasks and review daily work control sheets to ensure optimum utilization of labour.
• Ensure that all electrical critical spares are maintained within specified limits;
• Ensure accurate documentation of all electrical maintenance works;
• Put in place procedures for safe execution of tasks (including Task Instructions, permits to Work, Task
Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks);
• Ensure that electrical systems and equipment are maintained according to standards in order to meet
expected plant availability and reliability.
• Communicate routinely and effectively with the Unit Manager – Electrical Power and other supervisors
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bsc or HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or equivalent technical qualification in Electrical and Electronic engineering;
• Having Minerals commission’s certificate of competence will be an added advantage;
• A registered member of Ghana Institute of Engineers or qualified to become member before employed;
• Must have a practical appreciation of energy commission wiring regulations. A Wiring Inspectors
certificate will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years practical electrical engineering experience in a mining or related environment,
majority of which must has been in a supervisory position in a mining environment;
• Must be proficient at troubleshooting and repairing heating systems for Gold processing applications.
• Must have MV switching experience and a strong skill set in working on MV motors;
• Strong experience in Variable speed drives, Soft-starters and industrial drive systems;
• Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a team;
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and have the ability to drive in rough terrain;
• Ability to work under pressure with little supervision;
• Strong computer background in MS office and Autocad;
• Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
• Must be a team player;
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to
the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
• Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
• Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: Unit Manager – HR & Administration, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area, P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana Or email:[email protected]
Closing Date: 18 August, 2018 Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.