Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. This is a position with a competitive work roster and attractive remuneration package.
Job Title: Reliability Engineer
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or data base and correlates the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques/ principles/procedures;
- Develop reliability based culture across the engineering department;
- Establish and implement reliability process in alignment with the department goals and objectives;
- Develop and implement a program for monitoring and evaluating the integrity of critical, strategic and insurance spares for the mine.
- Develop and implement a program for the management of OEM for all critical assets of the mine.
- Lead internal and external asset integrity audits of the process plant.
- Develop and implement a remedial action tracking program for all identified asset integrity and reliability issues through the planned maintenance system.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel are trained in and practicing root cause failures analysis tools to avoid future failures and reducing operating costs;
- Performs detailed/routine engineering calculations involving relatively simple tests on less complicated system details where ingenuity and high level of judgment is not required;
- Sustains reliability processes and condition monitoring programs involving Predictive Maintenance techniques such oil analysis, thermographs, vibration, motor current analysis;
- Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and report for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Provides Leadership to a team of Maintenance Engineers, Condition Monitoring Technicians, Planners and Maintenance Technicians;
- Develops systems to allow equipment performance data to be analyzed and reliability opportunities identified; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical or Reliability Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Certified Level 1 in almost all Predictive Maintenance Techniques; q Certified Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Professional (CMRP);
- Five (5) years experience in reliability and maintenance of mining and process equipment; q Problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation; q Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in the Mining environment; q Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management; q Medically fit for the position and environment; q Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.