Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. This is a position with a competitive work roster and attractive remuneration package.
Job Title: Plant Metallurgist
- Supervise activities aimed at achieving metallurgical efficiency on the processing plant;
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly metallurgical accounting report;
- Design and conduct metallurgical investigations on pit ore;
- Develop and oversee test programmes and assist in implementing results to enhance plant performance;
- Monitor and optimize process plant reagents and consumables;
- Compile and interpret statistical data for reporting;
- Supervise to conduct inspections and schedule audits at the Process Plant and related facilities, and at relevant contractor’s work areas;
- Supervise metallurgical inventory otherwise refer to as Gold in Circuit Survey;
- Promote safety and safe work practices;
- Train and provide training opportunities to Metallurgical staff to ensure they perform effectively;
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by supervisor; Prepare periodic reports and close out corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Desired Skills & Experience q BSc Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a tertiary insitution; q At least five (5) years hands-on experience in a Gold Processing Plant; q Strong background in Carbon-In-Leach Gold Processing Plant and Inline Leach Reactor will be an advantage;
- Hands on experience and knowledge in metallurgical Accounting and Lab operations; q Demonstrate a thorough understanding of ICMC code relating to Metallurgical operations; q Plant Operations supervisory skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; q Good Metallurgical report writing skills; q Demonstrate ability to initiate new projects to improve plant efficiency;