The Ghana Climate Innovation Center (GCIC) is being established at Ashesi University College (Ashesi) and will support Ghana’s economic development, job creation and industrial competitiveness through support to clean technology businesses and industries which represent some of the most promising and important sectors of the 21st century.
The GCIC is led by a consortium led by Ashesi and including SNV Ghana, Ernst and Young and the United Nations University.
Job Title: Procurement Consultant
- The objective of the Ghana Climate Innovation Center (GCIC) is to establish local institutional capacity to support Ghanaian entrepreneurs and new ventures involved in developing profitable and locally-appropriate solutions to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Through its programs, activities and financing, the GCIC and its network of partners and stakeholders will provide a country-driven approach to solving climate, energy and resource challenges and support economic development through job creation.
Services to be provided by the GCIC:
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Acceleration, including advisory services; mentoring and business training; access to start-up facilities; and a women’s entrepreneurship program.
- Access to Finance, including proposal evaluation; proof of concept grants (up to USD 50,000); access to a related Seed Capital Facility; and access to commercial investors and banks
- Market Growth and Access through the production of market studies and reports on climate technology markets and trends.
- Technology and Product Development, principally by facilitating access to technical services, design, prototyping and testing.
- Policy & Regulatory Support through research and policy advocacy
- The Procurement Consultant shall be responsible for the GCIC’s procurement and financial management Obligations to meet World Bank group procedures and guidelines.
- Continuously monitors and supervises procurement implementation and regularly updates the procurement plans prepared at the beginning of the project, for the procurement of goods, works, non-consulting services and consulting services whenever if becomes necessary to do so
- Implements a robust contracts management and reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements; reports the procurement implementation status and progress to the World Bank as required;
- Updates and implements all necessary procurement policies
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received
- Locates vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Prepares and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Controls purchasing department budgets
- Undertakes all duties in accordance to World Bank procurement guidelines Selection Criteria
Duration of Assignment and Reporting:
- The Procurement Consultant position will be a one (1) year contract.
- The Procurement Consultant will report to the Executive Director-GCIC.
Required Skills or Experience
- Graduate degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Must have experience-in World Bank procurement reporting processes
- Extensive experience in strategic Sourcing and Purchasing
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Strong training & facilitation skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills competencies
- Excellent negotiating Skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Being analytical/Risk management
How to Apply
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.