At Asoko, we are tackling one of Africa’s biggest business challenges: affordable access to reliable company data. In our four years of existence, we have gathered unique data-sets on thousands of robust, African companies using technology, partnerships and in-country research teams. We now serve some of the continent’s most reputable investment firms, global corporates, professional advisories and African companies.We’re VC-backed, first mover and rapidly progressing on our ambition to be the corporate map for Africa. See here for more details.
Job Title: Research Analyst
The Asoko Research Analyst drives the development of Asoko’s depth and breadth of company and sector coverage in their markets of operation. Research analysts are expected to manage a portfolio of market sectors, developing a deep and up to date understanding of trends and developments; establish a strong network of senior-level relationships within these sectors and deliver and present insightful analysis to a global audience.
- Bespoke Client Research: Research Analysts will deliver customized research projects for Asoko clients, demonstrating high standards of customer engagement, project management and ability to source hard to obtain data sets by leveraging relationships.
- Strategic Partnerships: Analysts are expected to develop strategic relationships within their sectors of coverage with key stakeholders – government and non-government institutions, industry associations and sector experts. Negotiating value-for-value partnerships and discovering innovative ways to extend Asoko’s ability to discover new data sets
- Sector Research and Analysis: Research Analysts will regularly conduct in-depth research into specific industry sub-sectors, gathering data sets on leading companies, value chains, output and policy. Analysts are expected to remain updated on trends and developments in the sectors covered, publish reports and to present and discuss research with clients, industry and media.
- Timeliness and quality of client research projects – consistently deliver above expectation
- Quality of research analysis – ability to conduct effective and rigorous data-driven analysis of companies and industry sectors
- Breadth and effectiveness of relationships within industry in securing required data sets
- Recognition within chosen industries as an expert
- Company executives, Industry Stakeholders: strategic relationships to extend Asoko data and research capability
- Media: support marketing public relations
- Clients: support business development, project management of client custom research projects
- Operations: peers, Operations Associates and Data Services teams
- Editorial: collaborative production of research reports
- Sales and Business Development: client engagement, development of leads
- Product and Technology teams
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business Administration or related fields
- Strong communication and analysis skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a highly distributed team.
- Demonstrable business-writing skills, preferably delivered in professional format (report, blog, article)
- Experience with and passion for <market(s)> corporate ecosystem
Nice to haves:
- MBA or Finance related post graduate degree
- A solid understanding of any of the following industry sectors
- Agriculture and Agro value chains
- Technology and Financial Services
- Trade and Logistics
- Energy and Power
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Expense coverage
- Strong training from experienced management
- Rapid career progression opportunities
- Taking part in a dynamic and exciting startup that will transform access to corporate information in Africa