The role is to ensure that cash amounts in an organization’s accounting ledgers reconcile with actual bank balance. It also entails ensuring that guidelines and policies around cash processes are effective and efficient; and that such policies should help to prevent significant errors that may arise in any cash balance calculations. The role also helps in reviewing an organization’s bank accounts, checks, and balances as against amounts in the ledger and to verify that such amounts agree with financial statement items like asset, liability, revenue, and expense.
Job Title: Treasurer
- Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Business Degree and preferably Master’s degree in a business related field
- Requires at least 3-5 years Treasury role experience
- Strong financial and accounting background.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
- Excellent English skill is must.
- Detailed understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- A complete grasp of financial principles and practices with sound knowledge of banking operations and financial administration of resources.
- Sound computer skills, proficiency in spreadsheet and computerized financial systems
- Proven conceptual, analytical skills and evaluative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Ability to review and submit monthly accounts/financial statements
- In-depth understanding of taxation