Posted on :
15 Nov, 2018
15 Nov, 2018
The Audit Service is inviting qualified people to apply for employment in the under-listed positions in the Legal Department of the Service. Find details for the vacant positions in the table below.
Job Title: Deputy Auditor – General Legal
• Collate inputs for the development and implementation of policies – strategic, annual, operational and other plans of the Service.
• Development and implementation of Annual Legal Plan of the Department.
• Lead the prosecution and defence of cases for and on behalf of the Service.
Follow-up of judgements of the court.
• Develop and implement legal standards, guidelines methodologies as well as the certification of reforms in the public sector financial accounting systems.
• Prepare Annual Activity and other periodic Progress Reports of the Department for onward submission to the A-G and the ASB.
• Collaborate with the F&A/HRD in the implementation of policies, standards and guidelines on human resource management within the Department.
• Coordinate the collation of inputs of the Department for the preparation of the Annual Budget of the Service
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Lawyer called to the Bar.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification working experience of which six (6) years must be at a management level.
• Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management experience.
• Excellent presentation, negotiating, lobbying and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
• Excellent , communication, presentation and inter personal skills.
• Wide knowledge in Public Sector Laws and Statutes.
• Excellent knowledge of Public Financial Management Systems.
• Knowledge in Industrial and Labour relations.
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
• Good ethical background