- The primary purpose of this role is to deliver analytical / decision services to stakeholders. The role works with departments across Vodafone (e.g. Commercial, Enterprise, Finance, and Technology teams), and will lead the drive into utilising data analytics to drive data-driven decision making.
- The role will be responsible for coordinating analytics tasks for the company, including creating effective strategies to collect data, analyze information, conduct research, and implement analytics solutions for products or services.
- The role will also be responsible for the delivery of Big Data systems, and promote greater use of analytics platforms
Job Title: Analytics Solutions Lead
- Strategic partner with the Product, Customer Value Management and sales teams to drive data driven decisions. Provide comprehensive analytical and advisory services to the teams by generating insights into product and services.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Lead the business drive in implementing Big Data and social media analytics tools and technologies
- Work collaboratively with the marketing, brand and eCommerce product managers to track new promotions and online activities that will affect our targets.
- Lead the implementation of Digital Marketing solutions such as Always On Marketing (AoM), Machine Learning
- Create business rules, recommendations, Next Best Action
- Optimise and integrate Network and social media data sources
- Support build & deployment of analytical solutions (models, hypothesis, analyses & scenarios) across the spectrum of analytical maturity – descriptive, inferential, predictive & prescriptive
- Leverage previously created data models, insights and analyses from across the Vodafone business to drive positive business outcomes
- Review and identify gaps in current analytics models for enhancement and deploy new models
- Drive efficiencies in how analytical services are delivered, through automation and standardisation of analytical delivery.
- Work with Operations and Business Intelligence teams to define infrastructure and data needs.
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Hands on experience in Analytical tools like SAS, SPSS, R with through knowledge of various analytical & statistical techniques
- Adequate exposure to Data visualisation tools like Tableau, Qlikview, SAS Visual Analytics, etc.
- Exceptional data manipulation and analysis techniques; comfortable using very large (>10’s millions rows) datasets, containing both structured and unstructured data
- Experience in use of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.) is desirable7. Knowledge on the Data profiling, segmentation, campaign analysis, business requirement gathering and converting to technical specification for developers
- Experience in marketplaces or e-commerce business a plus