Posted on :
30 Aug, 2017
30 Aug, 2017
The NIA was set up in 2003 under the Office of the President with the mandate to issue national ID cards and manage the National Identification System (NIS). This resulted in the passing of the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707) to give it the necessary legal premises on which to operate. The National Identity Register Act, 2008 (Act 750) was also passed to give authorization for collection of personal and biometric data and to ensure the protection of privacy and personal information of enrollees/applicants.
Job Title: Registration Assistant(Biometric Data Capture Clerk) 2
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general of the Registration Officer, the successful applicant shall act as:
• A biometric data capture clerk and shall take the fingerprint, iris facial point, photograph and signature of an applicant in a prescribed manner.
• Any other duties that would be assigned by the Executive Secretary or a person authorized by the Executive Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution or equivalent professional qualification.
• Desirable experience in mass registration exercise will be an advantage.
• Must have completed National Service
The successful applicant must be:
• Computer literate
• Able to enter data with dispatch and accuracy
• Able to work in a team
• Willing to work for long hours
• Able to deal effectively with challenging field operational issues.
• Able to demonstrate excellent report writing skills.
• Innovative, committed and dedicated to work
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How to Apply
All interested persons should send a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates to the address below: The Director of Human Resources National Identification Authority p.o.Box M680, Ministries Post Office, Accra OR Contact Email: [email protected]
Note: Please state the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Closing Date: 31 August 2017