Posted on :
13 Aug, 2018
13 Aug, 2018
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Reservations Agent
· Review daily reservation accuracy, rate compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
· Ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
· Follow internal credit policy.
· Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
· Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
· Test calls LQA / IFH results > 85%.
· Follow the internal up-sell programme for Reservations department.
· Perform any other duties as assigned to them by management
· Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
· Equivalent of high school diploma
· Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field
· Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma
· 2 to 5 years’ experience in customer service position
· Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
· Opera central systems knowledge
· Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
· Good Keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MS Excel and PMS, Opera
· Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
· Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user-input errors
· Ability to work under pressure
· Detail orientated
· Good communicator
· Good listening skills
· Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
· Luxury Hotel Experiences
· English – excellent oral and written skills
· Additional language – beneficial
· Supervisory skills
· People Oriented
· Passionate for European luxury
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Basic knowledge of Micros is a plus