The Aurum Institute is a leading healthcare organisation that has been successfully battling the joint scourge of the HIV and TB for over 20 insightful years.
Job Title: Driver
Purpose Of This Role
Provide safe secure and timely driving services for the day-to-day operations of the Company, including driving the mobile units to ensure access of HIV prevention and testing services to employees outside the workplace. This position is responsible for proper running and maintenance of the vehicle.
Technical Work Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following
- Maintenance of Company Vehicle
- Provide safe transport services for all business requirements
- Manage the maintenance of the company vehicles and units
- Assist with any other activities at the testing sites as per line management
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested
- Implement punctuality and safe transport sound navigation skills
- Observe road and traffic laws and regulations
- Adhere to safe driving practices including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Perform minor repairs
- Logbook maintenance
- Log official trips, daily mileage, petrol consumption, oil changes etc
Required Skills or Experience
- Senior High School Certificate
- Defensive Driving Course or Similar
- Excellent personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, advance Excel
- 3 years driving experience
- Valid Category C Driver’s license
- Fluency in English
- Practical experience with Road Legislations and Road signs in Ghana
- Willing to work overtime.
Attributes / Competencies:
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skill
- Ability to relate to people from differing backgrounds
- Adaptable, imaginative, innovative, enthusiastic and a sense of humor
How to Apply
- Please provide current relevant references for background checks.
- Please note that if you didn’t apply through SkillsMap your application won’t be considered.
- Follow the online link and apply for this position via our E-Recruitment system Aurum SkillsMap this link: https://aurum.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/30048_to reach us no later than the April 29, 2019 before 12:00pm.
- This appointment is subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary reference checking and competency assessment. We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce. Preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Aurum welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.
- Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
It starts with me, let’s work together…in the fight against HIV and TB, To seek, to find, to share, to care share, to care