The Aurum Institute is a leading healthcare organisation that has been successfully battling the joint scourge of the HIV and TB for over 20 insightful years.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will be required to provide support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects on the country grant portfolio, ensure efficient professional and timely submission of reports to all relevant Internal and External Stakeholders.
Technical Work Responsibilities:
The Administrative Officer will be the first point of call for all persons visiting the Aurum Ghana Office and provide effective and efficient administrative support and associated services to all departments of the country office.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work with program implementation teams to design and utilize effective project monitoring tools.
- Train program implementation teams on the use of data collection tools and protocols.
- Support with database management including entering monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to schedule, and or supervise this process.
- Work with M&E Manager to develop project M & E plan and oversee its effective and efficient implementation; track project monitoring activities to ensure they are being implemented according to schedule; provide timely reports and data summaries.
- Work with M&E Manager to develop data collection and management protocols;
- Support supervision of regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Support recording, managing and preservation of monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Conduct analysis and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Aurum’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Support relevant Internal and External Stakeholders in developing the annual and bi-annual organisational reports.
- Support relevant Internal and External Stakeholders in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) or related field from four-year college or University.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, advance Excel
- At least 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in M&E of Health programmes including TB and HIV/AIDS
- Experience in project M&E systems from initiation to completion
- Candidate must show evidence of experience in strategic planning and performance measurement including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Must have knowledge in qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method and impact methodologies for evaluation as well as data collection and analysis skills.
- Good working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, and SPSS.
Attributes / Competencies:
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skill
- Ability to relate to people from differing backgrounds
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
- Computer skills
- Adaptable, imaginative, innovative, enthusiastic and a sense of humour
How to Apply
- Please provide current relevant references for background checks.
- Please note that if you didn’t apply through SkillsMap your application won’t be considered.
- Follow the online link and apply for this position via our E-Recruitment system Aurum SkillsMap this link: https://aurum.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/30048_to reach us no later than the April 29, 2019 before 12:00pm.
- This appointment is subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary reference checking and competency assessment. We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce. Preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Aurum welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.
- Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
It starts with me, let’s work together…in the fight against HIV and TB, To seek, to find, to share, to care share, to care