Posted on :
14 Aug, 2017
14 Aug, 2017
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australian’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travelers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australian’s pursuit of global and bilateral interests.
The Australian High Commission in Ghana invites applications for the position of Accountant.
Job Title: Accountant.
About the Position
• The Accountant will manage the finance team,which provides an efficient and effective financial service for the Australian High Commission Accra.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide high-quality support to the High Commissioner and Senior Administrative Officer in the administration of the High Commission, financial and other of timely and accurate reporting
• Ensure smooth and efficient running of the day-to-day administrative activities of the High Commission, including supervision of human, financial and other resources
• Oversee the financial management of the High Commission
• Oversee the operations of the computerized accounts system
• Oversee budget management for the High Commission
• Liaise with all Australian Government agencies at the High Commission, and provide information and advice as required
• Contribute to management of specific budget items
• Prepare accounting return in accordance with applicable guidelines
• Monitor and maintain all property contracts/leases with reporting to Senior Administrative Officer
• Oversee payment of salaries to staff
• Assist Senior Administrative Officer in liaison with post’s partners, including post’s bank, other service providers
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the High Commission’s bank accounts
• Supervise and train staff as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Accounting qualifications
• Extensive accounting experience is essential
• Advanced computer literacy, including use of the internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience providing support to senior management in organizational administration.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should respond in writing with a covering letter addressing their claims against the selection criteria for position they are applying for,including specific examples of demonstrated experience. Applications should be accompanied by a CV and copies of academic qualifications.Applicants must also provide contact details for two professional referees. Applications must not be longer than four (4) pages, including covering letter. if longer applications are submitted only the first four pages will be considered. Attractive remuneration packages will be offered to the successful applicant. Hours of work and other conditions
will be outlined during interview. Applicants are invited to apply by email to: [email protected] Closing Date: 25
Closing Date: 25 August, 2017 Hard-copy applications will not
Hard-copy applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.