A reputable IT firm requires a talented, ambitious, self-directed technology entrepreneur for the position of an Associate Product Manager who will be responsible for guiding projects from conception to launch. The Associate Product Manager is expected to gather requirements, understand market opportunities, define new product features and work with engineers to execute them.
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring solutions to all the markets where the company does business
- Participate in technology research / roadmap development and help to define product vision and strategy and work with engineers to execute it
- Manage products through the release, launch, market introduction and support phases
- Understand and analyze user needs and provide sales support on assigned products
- Maintain business metrics data and reports for future analysis by senior staff members
- Research markets and competitors
- Build and launch new products and features
Required Skills or Experience
- Bsc in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of full time employment
- Experience in software programming / software engineering
- A track record of being entrepreneurial; with good understanding of business issues; MBA or prior experience running a business would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and understanding strategy
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Passion for new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to give presentations and interact with different levels of management
- Familiarity with the mobile industry & web technologies
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies is desirable