Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Banyan Global is recruiting a local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist with experience in project monitoring and leading performance M&E activities to support an anticipated health program in Ghana.
- Provide leadership and direction on monitoring, evaluation and learning to ensure the program achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets
- Lead the development and implementation of the program’s monitoring plan to capture project performance and results, including routine ongoing monitoring and reporting of data and baseline, midline and endline assessments
- Supporting ongoing and periodic reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, program performance and indicator results as appropriate
- Lead strategic collaboration activities with key stakeholders to promote ongoing learning and adaptive management
- Use data to promote adaptive management and contribute towards strategic decision-making and project planning with project leadership
- Provide strategic and technical support to the refinement and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Learning approach including the on-going design of MEL activities and assuring the quality of implementation
- Lead the completion of the appropriate Internal Review Board (IRB) approval process for the programs monitoring, evaluation and learning design.
- Conduct routine monitoring of quantitative and qualitative data
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff
- Organize and manage M&E training activities for project staff
- Ensure the timely achievement of related indicators, performance criteria, and benchmarks
- Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation, health, statistics, social science, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience participating in monitoring and evaluations activities for USAID-funded international development projects including but not limited to collecting and analyzing data, developing project indicators, and supporting performance monitoring and reporting.
- Prior experience working in the health sector and/or health programs, experience with maternal, newborn and child health, reproductive health and family planning preferred
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and reporting guidelines and the collaborating, learning and adapting framework
- Fluency in English required
- Candidates should be Ghanaian nationals or legal residents of Ghana
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.