Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. Banyan Global is recruiting a Business Strengthening and Access to Finance Advisor to support an anticipated health program in Ghana.
Job Title: Business Strengthening and Access to Finance Advisor
- Participate in assessment activities designed to inform the implementation of business strengthening and access to finance activities for private health providers;
- Adapt existing business training and coaching materials, and design new materials as needed;
- Deliver trainings focused on business administration and financial management skills for private health providers, and manage consultants delivering trainings;
- Provide one-on-one business coaching to private health providers, and manage consultants delivering coaching;
- Initiate and lead meetings with investors and financial institutions that might serve as sources of appropriate financing for private health providers;
- Draft periodic reports, and address all requests for edits and adjustments.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business strengthening (counselling, consulting, business development services) for micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises;
- Multiple years of direct experience with the Ghanaian banking and finance sector preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of the business and financial management challenges facing businesses in Ghana, with a particular emphasis on SMEs and/or private health providers;
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently, and to submit high-quality deliverables on time;
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant discipline. Master’s level degree a plus.
- Previous experience working on international donor-funded projects is a plus.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.