Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Banyan Global is recruiting a local Finance and Administration Manager to implement effective general and financial management practices and to administer the accounting, internal control and overall office administration for an anticipated health program in Ghana. Additionally, this position will provide complete, reliable, timely, and consistent financial information to the defined stakeholders and will secure office needs for project activities and staff
- Provide expertise and advice to the management team on finance related issues (including financial planning and performance and the development of financial reports to reflect progress and risks for grants, subcontracts and/or activities), ensuring that the project’s finances are managed wisely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of an effective control environment and financial information system, including updating and maintenance of proper general ledger transactions for the project.
- Oversight and administration of local accounts payable processes, including:
- Review and verification of invoices, expense reports and other AP items for adequacy and accuracy
- Ensuring proper adherence to policies and procedures and that systems are being followed .
- updating and maintenance of AP transactions within the accounting system, ensuring accuracy of expense allocation and general ledger coding
- Planning for and executing disbursements of accounts payable fitems.
- Liaise with auditors, creditors, donors, officials, banks, beneficiaries, and Banyan Global headquarters.
- Ensure compliance with in-country accounting and norms and procedures as well as legal obligations (registrations, labor code, human resources, etc.).
- Supervise all necessary security and risk prevention measures.
- Support the DCOP to assess risks faced by Banyan Global in implementing the project.
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, including initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate with vendors best conditions for procuring goods, supplies and others in compliance with USAID and Banyan Global`s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting concepts, including understanding of the general ledger and the relationships between various general ledger accounts, and ability to identify and apply industry best practices to enhance organizational controls
- Relevant experience of 3 – 5 years or more in a similar or related capacity, prior USAID experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in accounting and strategic financial management
- Prior experience with managing subcontracts preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Fluency in English speaking and writing skills.