Posted on :
26 Jan, 2014
26 Jan, 2014
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety professional with passion, drive and determination to deliver a clear vision / direction and first class Health and Safety service in our Corporate Real Estate Services (CRES) team.
Job Title: Health and Safety (SHE) Manager
Reporting to the Head of corporate Real Estate Services, this role is responsible for ensuring thatBarclays Bank of Ghana complies with any applicable Occupational Health and Safety law and associated regulations by managing the bank’s Safety, Health and environment policies and ensuring compliance. The role holder will have to develop a Health and Safety (H & S) strategic framework for the business.
• Provide operational technical support in H & S to the Barclays Bank of Ghana CRES team as well as engage other internal stakeholders on H & S incidents
• Co-ordinate the development of Barclays Bank of Ghana H & S policies and standards
• Develop, implement, maintain and monitor an Occuational Health & Safety (OHS) system for the bank which requires active participation from all employees
• Revise and update OHS policies, procedures and specifications as and when changes are made
• Implement safety policy and ensure the bank is fully compliant with all requirements as per policy and any applicable law or regulations
• Conduct regular inspection of all premises that accomodate colleagues, where business is transacted or the public have access, to identify and access any risks to safety and give appropriate recommendations with the view to eliminate or reduce the risk
• To work with the Head of CRES and HR in conducting safety, health and environmental training and awareness to all colleagues
• Ensure that first aiders, fire wardens, security persons are trained regularly and copies of certificates kept for record
• Monitor waste disposal activities and ensure they are in line with any environmental laws or regulations applicable.
• Lead in arranging ergonomic assessment for staff annually
• Periodically audit food vendors and suppliers of drinking water to ensure that production is in line with best practice
• Develop and implement local plans for utility consumtion reduction
• Drive performance towards compliance with ISO 14001 standards
• Ensure that the business complies with applicable local environmental laws and regulations as well as other corporate directives.
Qualification Required and Experience
Essential (knowledge, experience and skills)
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the management or coordination of health and safety issues
• Knowledge and experience of statutory and legal obligations relating to health, safety and environmental
• Diploma / Degree in the fields of Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Construction Management or similar
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local cluster
• Experience of managing at a time of significant cultural and operational change
• At least 2 years working experience in auditing and risk management
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be sent to:-
The Head Office
Barclays Bank Gh. Ltd
Accra High Street, Accra
Or Visit the website below
Closing Date: 28 January, 2014
Barclays Bank of ghana Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.