Barclays Bank Ghana is seeking to recruit an experienced professional with the determination to deliver a first class in our Procurement Team.
Job Title: Head of Procurement
To provide the Bank with the most effective price, performance and value propositions across the party expenditure in support of our business objectives.
- Understand the supply market and develop appropriate procurement and approaches, strategies and supply management capabilities that deliver recognisable and measurable business value
- Integrate purchasing as a core competence into business areas
- Develop appropriate purchasing processes, tools and systems that support the achievement of business needs and help ensure that business value from third party expenditure is achieved
- Develop and grow purchasing capability to meet current and future business needs
- Authorize issuance of LPOs/ commitments of over GHs 1 million
- Undertake forecasts/plans for annual expenditure to facilitate cost savings
- Develop mechanisms/solutions to reduce costs and increase efficiency in the procurement processes
- Develop and manage strategic long-term relationships with major suppliers to maintain quality service to the bank
- Monitor achievement of SLAs by suppliers and also ensure that SLAs with internal customers are met
- Acts as an escalation point for complex enquiries emanating from suppliers and internal customers
- Undertake negotiations with suppliers and service providers for goods and services for transactions of over 3 million
Required Skills or Experience
- A detailed understanding of the planning and budgeting processes and methodology
- A detailed understanding of legislation covering procurement management
- Detailed understanding of the principles and concepts of procurement management
- Detailed knowledge of computerised procurement systems
- Minimum 8 years experience in procurement
- Minimum 4 years experience in managing a team of procurement professional
- Worked within a large corporate environment (multinational)
- Professional qualification at degree/diploma level i.e. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply UK
- Corporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers
How To Apply
To apply, please visit Barclays Careers website at: www.barclaysafricajobs.com.
Closing date for submission of application is one week after first publication. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Offer valid till: 12 Jun, 2012