Team Leader responsible for a sub-Corporate Relationship Team and customer portfolio comprised predominantly of Government Agencies (i.e. Ministries), Government Departments and Parastatal Corporations & Organisations (e.g. State Owned Enterprises-SOEs).
Job Title: Head, Public Sector
- To promote and drive Barclays business agenda for Government Agencies and Parastatal Corporations, through increased income contribution from this market segment, excellent customer service to position the bank favourably to the Government sector.
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of customer relationship drawn from the Government Agencies and Parastatal customer segment, developing and building long-term relationships founded on trust, efficient and reliable customer service support. This is achieved particularly through quick credit risk decisions and managing consistency and quality across the operational service chain.
- In addition to your own defined customer portfolio, you will supervise, manage and implement performance development plans for team members within the Government Agencies & Parastatal sub-team to achieve agreed performance objectives and goals set for the Government Agencies and Parastatal market segment. Sub-team members may include Relationship Manager(s), Corporate Manager’s Assistant (s) and Corporate Service Assistant(s). The primary objective is to maximise sustainable risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
- The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development to new customers to bank and existing customers within the portfolio.
- The job holder will act as primary liaison between the Bank and key Government Agencies/Institutions such as the Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning, Comptroller & Accountant General, Parliament, Social Security & National Insurance Trust, Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD), Tema Oil Refinery etc.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate (or Commercial) skills
- Leadership and team skills
- Product and selling skills
- Communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills.
Knowledge, Experience & Expertise
- The jobholder must have a minimum of 5 year’s experience as a Senior Relationship Manager and established a good track record relating to Credit Risk and Relationship Management.
- The jobholder must have detailed knowledge of Corporate Banking and core corporate banking products and services.
- The jobholder must have extensive knowledge of the financial dealings and operations of Government Agencies, Ministries, Departments and State (Public) Owned Enterprises/Institutions.
- For Complex products, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to:-
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the product/service.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
The jobholder will require a broad understanding of Barclays policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base