Job vacancy: Manager, Barclays Internal Audit
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional with the determination to deliver a first class service in Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Unit.
The core responsibility of a Manager within BIA is to execute audit assignments in accordance with the annual Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. This will involve travels within and outside Ghana.
- Support the Audit Lead in scoping the audit where necessary
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the report
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified
- Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with stakeholders/Audit Lead as appropriate
- Update the Audit Lead and audit team with progress and observations
- Proactively take on additional tasks as will be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor
Required Skills or Experience
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
- Ability to identify, assess & document risks and controls
- Ability to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the relevant audit toolkit
- A minimum of five years experience in banking or five years professional external audit practice experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Professional qualification in accountancy (ACCA, ICA, CIMA, ICAEW), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)