Support the Business Performance and Analytics Team in the timely submission of MI, Flash & Actuals, MTP,
STP and RAF to group whilst ensuring adequate regular support to the Business
Job Title: Planning and Reporting Officer
Communication skills Practitioner
- Actively planning and preparing communications materials and adapting them for different audiences
- Good presentation skills for senior management presentations.
Make Informed-Decision Practitioner
- Is able to identify the information needed to make an informed decision as each situation arises
- Detail oriented – Is able to assess data quality, identify data errors and make error calculations and interpretations
IT Proficiency Practitioner
- Ability to create MI by processing raw data tables using SQL, and present them using MS Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Ability to automate repetitive spreadsheet tasks via using effective templates and macros
Make Relationships Work Understanding Level
- Is able to build and develop trust and rapport with other people.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts into actionable packages of work
Analyze and Model Data Understanding Level
- Is able to help stakeholders articulate their information requirements / queries, guiding and challenging where
- Knows about and is able to apply advanced data analysis and modelling tools and techniques and/or is able to use statistical techniques to produce predictive model
- Is able to produce meaningful Management Information and present it in a relevant user-friendly format to inform stakeholders
- Advanced MS Excel skills and basic programming skills to process data using SQL.
- Ability to apply macros and automate basic processes is required
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as R, Python and SPSS
- The ability to analyse large data set, model and interpret data.
- Strong MIS or other relevant technical background which enable the candidate to understand and process data and numbers easily.
- Understands the business and is able to identify the information required to respond to business queries.
- Understanding of performance analysis and methodologies applied internally and externally.
- A good understanding of the Barclays Africa performance tracking matrix.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s systems and data sources.
- An understanding of Barclays Africa structure and interfaces e.g. Corporate, Small Business etc.
- A good working knowledge of the economy and of the basics of business finance
- An understanding of Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning algorithms will be an added advantage.
A minimum of two years working experience in a similar role