Jobholder reports to the CIB Markets and CIB Markets and Treasury Operations Manager/Head through the CIB
Job Title: Treasury Bills Analyst
- Markets and Treasury Bills Team Leader and has the responsibility for a number
- of daily processing functions of the CIB Markets and CIB Markets and Treasury Operations Department with particular
- emphasis on CIB Markets and Treasury
- Bills processing. Accurate
- inputting of T-Bill related transactions and regular reconciliations of
- relevant T-Bills suspense accounts are key and shall be performed in accordance
- with timelines laid down by the business.
- The role requires strict adherence to both Group and Local compliance policies
- regarding the processing of Government of Ghana Securities at the application
- and maintenance levels from time to time.
- The jobholder is required to ensure that controls are operating
- effectively in addition to segregation of duties amongst the team on the
- The role also requires effective
- maintenance of T-Bills records to ensure easy retrieval as and when necessary. The jobholder is required to work in a
- specialist area, which is highly regulated, processing high value items under
- tight operating controls and timescales.
Education and Experience Required
(relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
- Thorough comprehension of CIB Markets and CIB Markets and Treasury control requirements, compliance and ethical standards both at dealing and operational support level.
- CIB Markets and CIB Markets and Treasury product knowledge and immediate implications/impact to business (i.e. risks and accounting)
- Practical experience of current systems and their impact on dealing and operational working practices (MS Excel, FOS/BRAINS, Tbills)
- Must be able to accomplish the ACI training & pass examination by the 12th Month after assumption of duty.
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Sound and practical experience of CIB Markets and CIB Markets and Treasury systems and operational processes
- Good understanding of regulatory and head office reporting requirements
- Awareness of the Group Internal Audit function
- ACI Accredited
Technical skills / Competencies
Skills required to undertake the role:
- A sound technical appreciation of the end-to-end CIB Markets and Treasury processes (eg. Government of Ghana TBills & Bonds)
- Ability to challenge and not be easily influenced
- A sound understanding of the underlying risks, risk awareness and risk mitigation
- Risk assessment – assimilation and appraisal of data/information
- Experience gained in a CIB Markets and Treasury Processing,