Barclays Bank is a leading financial services provider with over 97 years of banking in Ghana and a well established local presence. Barclays Ghana is a member of the Barclays Africa Group Limited (BAGL), which is majority-owned by Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Africa Group Limited is one of Africa’s major financial services institutions offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate & Investment banking and wealth management products and services as well as bank assurance.
We combine our global expertise and product knowledge with the rich experience and appreciation of the local environment to bring the best of banking to our people like no other
Job Title: Head Of Vehicle And Asset Finance
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual with the imagination and determination to deliver a clear vision/direction and first class services in our Business Banking, Consumer, Corporate and Investment banking teams
- The role holder will be responsible for providing expert advice for business development on the bank’s core products – Flexi Buy, Flexi Rent, Flexi Lease, and Auto Loans.
- He/she will have ultimate responsibility for embedding Asset Finance in Ghana, for the product line throughout the whole country, and will be required to meet tough targets for developing the Asset Finance book.
- Manage and drive the business growth through execution and implementation of the country strategy for asset finance Ghana
- Ensure only quality and profitable business is generated, in line with credit and risk guidelines and manage the effective marketing within the country by sales and marketing staff. Drive the maintenance of high levels of customer interaction with existing and potential customers and other role players within the market
- Ensure, through sales management and staff, the retention of top clients through the provision of appropriate customer solutions within risk and pricing
- parameters. Country client co-ordination and proactive client solutioning (responding to RfPs) and execution
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the unit’s cost centre and budget, and – Asset Finance for the entire country
- Work with various Barclays business functions to facilitate strategic business growth in clients wanting to do business in Ghana
- Identify and engage all stakeholders, role players and industry forums to understand changes to strategy, regulations and markets
- Deliver sustainable improvements in sales performance in line with strategic plans of the Business Banking, Consumer Banking and Corporate Bank teams through customer retention, acquisition and leveraging the potential of existing customer base
- Support Relationship teams and branches in the development and implementation of new Asset Finance products and services
- Manage the portfolio of the Asset Finance Unit and ensure risk profiles (book mix) are managed by sales of the correct products within approved risk management criteria
- Track action points post client visits to ensure closure of issues and / or opportunities in pipeline
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders across the Barclays networks. This includes having a good understanding of Cash Management, Debt, Trade and FX solutions, as well as KYC, Compliance and Legal
- Take full accountability of the Sector’s budgets set for the financial year and the achievement of the budget by formulating action plans which provide clear direction to staff and ensuring achievement of plans.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must possess ACIB and accounting qualification
- Bachelors degree in Commerce or equivalent.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- It is essential that the holder possesses a strong intellect and the ability to assimilate complex information very quickly
- Must have experience in team leadership
- Expertise in corporate products, lending, and risk assessment procedures
- Expertise in managing major institutional relationships – Minimum of 8 years’ experience in relationship management
- Strong structuring and negotiation skills
- Detailed knowledge of local taxation laws and practice, including VAT.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit Barclays Careers website at www.barclaysafrica.com/barclaysafrica/Careers
Click on search for jobs
Go to My Account Options and create an account
Sign in and scroll down to search for job
Click on Apply for job and follow instructions to complete your application.
Closing date for submission of application is one week after first publication.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Bardays Bank of Ghana Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer