At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
The Human Resource Assistant develops and conducts analysis, interprets results and makes recommendations that support the development and maintenance of effective compensation and benefits programs aligned with the organization’s reward strategy.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- Manages salary administration process including salary and bonus budgeting analysis; recommendations for structural adjustments and merit/bonus pools
- Alongside TR Manager, develops and conducts compensation educational sessions for leaders, associates, and internal HC team members
- Designs and develops business reports to capture key metrics and trends (pay for performance metrics, compensation trending, etc.)
- Prepare statistical analysis, metrics and data modeling for various compensation structures and programs.
- Participate in market surveys, interpret data and perform job evaluations.
- Assist in the administration of the global year-end process, including salary and short-term incentive components.
- Administer out-of-cycle compensation reviews as required.
- Assist in the development and planning of organization-wide compensation programs and policies.
- Assist the HR Manager in developing salary recommendations for internal promotions and internal transfers.
- Work with total rewards leadership to develop training tools, and educate employees on all areas of compensation, including market analysis, administration, policy interpretation, and internal equity.
- Works on various special projects, and performs other duties as assigned
- Administer the company’s compensation and benefit in accordance with established policies so that employees receive the appropriate compensation and benefits for their position.
- Responsible for job analysis and evaluation, salary administration, analyze compensation surveys and obtain all necessary information to prepare compensation proposal and budgets.
- Collect data about company’s Compensation and Benefit policies and analyze them to prepare reports and advice managers for making important decisions.
- Recommends policies that will be beneficial for employee welfare such as accident and health insurance coverage, retirement and pension plans, income continuance, holidays and vacations.
- Participate in compensation and benefit surveys. May coach or instruct lower level colleagues.
- Mid-year & annual performance achievement and compensation review
- Leave management administration
- Ad-hoc bonus & salary adjustment administration
- Work closely with TR Manager to lead, coordinate or assist on specific projects and benefits program implementations or changes
- Provides complete and accurate responses for employee or process related issues that are escalated to HR
- Provides counsel to managers and internal HC professionals on policy/procedural issues, compensation process, promotional increases, salary adjustments, and overtime administration
- Primary contact for Finance providing compensation information related to the budgeting process
- Handles escalated inquiries or issues and works with TR Manager to resolve
- Stays current on compensation best practices and legal requirements
- Prepares payroll accurately including benefits, overtime, taxes, payroll deductions and maintains payroll records.
- Responsible for processing and payment of legal charges – social security, taxes and union dues.
- Handles onboarding and off boarding of blue collar and white collar non-banded employees including salary related administration.
- Record Keeping – responsible for maintenance of personnel files as well as payroll files and other administrative records.
- Follows up on accident notification and sick leave and other personnel welfare related matters.
- Responsible for following up on work permits and other travel administrative matters such as travel insurance, inoculations etc.
- Execute all other tasks entrusted by the hierarchy
Required Academic & Technical Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar
- 5+ years of experience in an HR environment with a reward focus
- Knowledgable in MS Office Suite
- Experience with SAP (SuccessFactors)
- Very strong analytical background
- English- advanced level
Additional Considerations Or Comments
- Very high level of commitment to service delivery with a strong focus on customer experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and external links.