BASF is the world’s leading chemical company. We offer our customers intelligent system solutions and sophisticated products.
The BASF Group has been active on the African continent for close to 90 years. The company has been exporting colorants and intermediates to Kenya from its headquarters in Ludwigshafen, Germany, since the end of the 1920s. The key industries are construction, textiles, agriculture, automotive and the health care and plastics sectors.
BASF in Africa is divided into four country clusters, with headquarters in Midrand, South Africa for Southern Africa; Nairobi, Kenya for East Africa; Lagos, Nigeria for West Africa and Morocco for North-West Africa. BASF employs around 1600 people in Africa. Since 2016, the BASF African headquarters is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Title: Sales Hunter, Hydrometallurgy
What we expect
- A Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Proven track record of 3 – 5 years working experience within the Hydro-metallurgy industry is essential.
- Candidates must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Working knowledge of liquid / solid separation and inoculation processes and equipment required.
- Knowledge of main technical processes and equipment for mining industry.
- Related Lab work skills and experience required.
- Willingness and ability to travel is essential.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
What you can expect
The incumbent will be responsible for the marketing and sales of the Company’s products, optimizing market share and profit margins, and ensuring that the commercial interests of the BASF Mining Solutions Group are supported and grown across the West Africa region. To achieve this, core tasks will include:
- Analyzing West African market potentials/ conduct market surveys for allocated portfolio (SLS-Coagulants)
- Propose business models and route-to-market concept for the allocated portfolio in order to win business in West Africa.
- Develop a market / competitor database for allocated portfolio and feed into Regional Marketing Team.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships and actively develop success business opportunities in the West African region whilst staying abreast of changes in and /or new development in product demand in West Africa.
- Coordinate and support the technical team during onsite test work and plant trials.
- Manage customer portfolio, commercial and technical negotiations, tender participation, technical consultation, cooperation with plants, R&D institutes, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Accurate on time reporting (e.g. monthly report, forecasts, market data, visit reports, opportunity pipeline, etc.)
- Interaction and cooperation with relevant internal interfaces / service units.
How to Apply
Email your CV to [email protected]